Why Choose UC Davis?
UC Davis is one of the nation’s leading public universities and a top research institution
UC Davis Graduate Group in Biostatistics:
- The Graduate Group in Biostatistics is housed in the Department of Statistics, and consists of over 30 faculty members from a wide range of departments across the university including Statistics, Public Health Sciences, Population Health and Reproduction, Evolution and Ecology, and Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Our program's strength is in theoretical research and the applied aspects of biostatistics, including clinical research, translational medicine, and experimental biology.
- Our faculty lead and support clinical research studies in many areas including cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, intellectual disabilities, chronic disease, and veterinary medicine, providing opportunities for students to get real-word experience with data.
- Graduates from our program go on to industry or academic positions. Some MS graduates go on to pursue a PhD at UC Davis or other universities in biostatistics, statistics, and other related areas.
College Life in Davis:
- California’s College Town
- Take a virtual campus tour
- Where We Are: Davis is about 20 minutes west of Sacramento and approximately 72 miles east of San Francisco. The wine-rich Sonoma and the Napa valleys are roughly an hour’s drive to the northwest, while Lake Tahoe and the Sierra Nevada are about two hours to the east.
- Academics, Lifestyle, Diversity & Support